Posted in Goals, tagged 26.2, Allegiant, books, Dallas Marathon, Divergent series, goodreads, marathon training, myfitnesspal, running, Veronica Roth, yoga on October 3, 2013|
2 Comments »
Don’t worry we’ll let you know how we did on those September goals soon, but in an effort to not delay putting out there what we want to accomplish in October we are getting these goals out there to the world. Time to get busy!
1. Log food in myfitnesspal EVERYDAY. You should follow me! I will follow you, we can keep each other accountable! I am teal0906 on there. 🙂
2. Wake up 4 mornings per weekday and workout, even if it is just 30 minutes. Choose 1 day to take off.
3. Prep meals. I use to do this religiously and haven’t… hence the Mexican food twice in one day!
4. Minimum of 64oz of water daily. I need more because I am so active but I am not even getting 64… must fix.
5. If I am going to eat a cookie it can only be 1 and when I say cookie I also mean any other sugary treat that I feel like I can’t live without. Just 1, not 4, not 7, not the entire box, just 1. I say this because if I say absolutely no to these treats I really will eat them all.
1. Pretty much since I’m in that book club now and I have a reading goal for this year on goodreads.com I’m just going to make y’all read every month about my goals. I’m super pumped because the third book in the Divergent series comes out this month and I canNOT wait to read it! 🙂 So this will at least be one of my two books to read this month.
2. I’m still working towards an organized home… 🙂 Will I ever accomplish this? I have a collection of boxes in three different places right now and my goal is to go through them, throw things away and either put the leftovers in the attic or some other place they can live.
3. This goal basically let’s you know I did not meet a goal last month, so again this month I shall make a window treatment for at least one of the three windows in my house I have fabric to do said project! I’m going to do it!
4. Yoga! Is it annoying that I keep just repeating goals?! I really want to make sure I’m getting in yoga during my marathon training because I know it’ll be soooo beneficial come December 8th when I’m taking on those 26.2 miles at Dallas Marathon!
What are you trying to accomplish this month??
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged 26.2, 5k, active, Allen, Cinemark, Half Marathon, Johnny's, Libby Jones, Marathon, New Year's Day, New Year's Eve, New Years Double, North Texas Runners, relay, running, spin, The Spirit of the Marathon, White Rock Marathon, yoga on December 30, 2011|
3 Comments »
We are beyond excited for this weekend because it is officially time for the New Year’s Double! This race is seriously unique and amazing and comes to us via Libby Jones, who we absolutely love! For those of you who don’t know her she is also the director of North Texas Runners, a full time race director and mommy! She runs like a wild women and is truly amazing! We admire her for her work, organization and passion about running. You can read all about the growth of this race since last year at here. It’s really incredible to see how this has taken shape.
This race is so amazing because it is a true double race. Runners could choose from a range of distances to run over a two day time from, either a 5K, ½ relay, ½ marathon or a full marathon and you could mix and match any way you choose to run one on New Year’s Eve Day and one on New Year’s Day. Brilliant huh?? What better way to start and end a year RIGHT! We decided that we would run two half marathons. So starting tomorrow morning we will head out and run our NYE half, marking the official end to what has been an awesome year. We felt that this was just so fitting to do and can not be more excited to end the Year of Running like this. After the race we will then go home, rest up, and get to watch a free screening for The Spirit of the Marathon courtesy of Cinemark Allen! Our boys will even go with us to this! 🙂
Then NYE we will spend with our significant others, eat and wake up NYD and do it all again! Seems nuts but this really is the best way to start out the year being active!
The race is located in Allen, Texas not far from us and is a a looped course. We will complete 2 6.55 mile loops. It’s a very nice course and will all be on paved sidewalk!
We will update you on the cool perks and loot from this race in our recap, we don’t want to give that away now 😉 Let’s just say if we really have ever been excited about race bling its for this race!
We usually set goals for our races as you have seen from the past, but we are not going to set time goals for this race. Coming off of the White Rock Marathon and the training for that we have definitely needed some recuperation. As many of you know Teal has had a nagging foot problem since the race and has been working hard to heal that foot (read about her foot problems here). She is still having some pain and has literally only run 8 mile total since White Rock. Beth has been keeping busy with yoga, Johnny’s, spin and has run very little as well and just healing her body.
Our goals are to run smart, safe, and to not be stubborn. We have never run a double before and while we know we can make 26.2 WAHOO! We do not know how our bodies will feel this weekend given the amount of running compared to the lack of running this month. The goal is to come out of this race enjoying the experience of a small, local, well put together race! It really is, as cheesy as this might be, a good time to reflect on the past year and to think about the year to come! Wish us luck! We’ll tell you all about it next week 🙂
Read Full Post »