Teal was born in Maryland and has lived in multiple cities across the U.S. (including Vegas) before finally settling down in Dallas. She completed her undergrad at the University of North Texas and is currently in grad school for counseling. Teal spends her 40 hour work week teaching and on top of all of that has a part-time job as well.
Things to know about Teal and running:
1. I love it! I have no idea why I love running, in general it’s ridiculous. Why would anyone decide to get up early, run for hours (in the rain, cold, heat, wind), consume less during happy hour just to run in the morning, pay (sometimes over a hundred dollars), and suffer through pain, blisters, cramps, sore muscles, arthritis, etc. Anyone ready to run?? BUT I do and I LOVE it.
2. I hate it for the aforementioned reasons!
3. I love the “runner’s high!”
4. I am scared that I won’t finish or I will get last place pretty much every time.
5. I always want to stop running after 30 minutes. (How the hell am I suppose to make it 4 hours?)
6. I hate when my legs rub together.
7. I love the feeling of finishing.
8. I’m stubborn but not competive. Beth beats me everytime 😉
9. I count, it’s annoying but you can pretty much guarantee that at any given point in a race this is the thought running through my head (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7…)
10. I rarely ever make it past 6 miles alone when training.
11. I think oatmeal makes me faster. Don’t tell me otherwise.
12. I always ask if it’s almost over yet and say I never want to run again, but really I’m lying.
13. Running a marathon will be the best/worst/most trying thing I have ever done and I can’t wait!
Beth was born and raised in Dallas and only took a break from it to attend Texas A&M University (WHOOP!). Instead of following suit with what she studied at A&M, elementary education, Beth works as a paralegal as well as a calligrapher on the side (shameless plug for Life’s a Font).
Things to know about Beth and running:
1. I’ve never considered myself good at team sports, so I’ve been a runner for roughly 15 years.
2. I am amazed by the mental roller coaster that sometimes goes together with running, and wonder if it’ll ever stop?
3. I am still convinced that running a half marathon is enough! But I will conquer a full marathon.
4. During a long run if I find a particular song that is keeping me pumped up I will repeat it 10+ times if I have to until I am finished.
5. I do try and conquer running music-less, but I am not sure I could give it up all together.
6. When I am not out running you can usually find me on a spin bike or as of late at a yoga studio!
7. The Texas summer heat has always derailed my running and I usually take my runs to the treadmill. This will be the first summer with the encouragement of some long time runners I stick it out through the triple digits! I’m already nervous!
8. I do consider myself to be a combination of stubborn and competitive in my running! 🙂 (Also, I do not always beat Teal – she has in fact beat me, Tour des Fleurs 2010)