Here’s how we measured up for the month of August!
1. I HATE doing weight lose goals because I always disappoint myself because my body clearly loves all of its fat (and you probably roll your eyes that this is another stupid weight goal), BUT this month is the month before my birthday and IF I lost 5 pounds I would weigh what my goal was for 30. So it would have taken me until 31 and a rather roller coaster year for my weight but it would be off! SOOOOO there you go, lose 5 pounds and make my 30 year old goal weight (not really what I want in life just what I wanted at 30) but really do it at 31!
C- : I ultimately lost like 2.5 pounds if I get to count the morning weight! Hahaha. We shall keep working on the forever struggle of being consistent, healthy, and fighting the fat gene!
2. I changed my half marathon training plan slightly from Beth’s because I don’t want to burn myself out like I did last time so my goal is to make my runs! This is totally doable because I have basically started an “I am a newbie and haven’t run” training plan to not destroy my love of running again!
B: I have missed a few “short” runs but have been getting the longer ones in and loving my plan. I do not feel discouraged, slow, or overwhelmed by the plan. I know my next half marathons will not be my “fastest” but I am 100% ok with just enjoying the run!
1. To get up once a week and do a workout before work. If you follow me on twitter you pretty much know that usually on Tuesday & Thursday mornings I am up at Private Training Zone by 6:00 a.m. to get in an hour of weights with Johnny and the other ladies in my workout group. This goal would mean I have to get up an additional morning to do a workout on my own. There was a time when I would do this with yoga, but that has been awhile and I know I just need to transition into this type of routine. Let’s hope this makes a habit of it!
F: Haha, this one is gonna take a lot of work on my part. I’ve reverted back lately to even having a hard time wanting to get out of bed for my Tuesday & Thursday mornings, but I do! I did get up early in the first week of August, but it was to try and get a bunch of reading done for my book club. lol
2. Finish yet another project at our house.
A+: There are now two walls in my house that are no longer blank! Hooray! I even bought some fabric for a window decoration project, but still have a few more supplies to get for that one!
3. YOGA! Haha, my goals are back and the idea for this month is to get in at least 3 yoga classes a week.
C-: Ok, so there were two weeks where I didn’t go, BUT I still went to yoga 10 times throughout the month of August so that’s why I’m still giving myself a C range grade. All things considered with Birthday celebrations and work picking up steam with busyness I’m proud of those 10. I love me some yoga and glad I’m making it a priority during this marathon training cycle!
See you tomorrow when we lay out all of our hopes and dreams for the month of September! 😉