Our one idea for changing up our goal posts was to divide them up, so here’s how we measured up for July and August goals will be up next week…
1. Clean out the garage. This thing is a mess and has just become a catch all for whatever crap I don’t want to look at in the house. We have stuff everywhere and half of it is not even needed. I have attempted twice to have a garage sale but because I work every Saturday or if I am off we are usually racing, I don’t have time for that. So my goal this month is to get the garage clean. And not just clean, an organized clean so that it won’t continually get messy. Then I think I will have to walk my husband through what I did because he will just start putting stuff wherever. 🙂
A+: I mean I don’t even think I have to say much. Just check out these pictures. I will also note that I did this all by myself in the Texas heat. Yea clean garage.. or at least as clean of a garage as I can get!
2. Create a headboard for the guest bedroom and fix the weird paint job. When my brother lived with me forever ago he painted the guest room navy blue and got the paint on the ceiling. I would like to fix that and then add a headboard to the new bed. I went cheap (sorry guests) and just bought a bed and the lower frame, so it needs something to spice it up. If you follow Beth’s sister, Kate, she recently re-did the room Beth used to live in and created a headboard. I literally want to copy her and do the same thing!!
Big FAT F: So basically all I got to on this was reading Kate’s blog on how to do it. That’s it. I didn’t even so much as buy cloth or paint to fix the ceiling. I shall try this again, but not next month because next month is just insane!
1. We have a couple of blank walls in our house that I know what I want to do with them but I haven’t really moved forward in the execution of the plan in my head. One will be a long collage wall so even acquiring 50% of what I want for that wall will be an accomplishment for this month! I also keep hearing over and over in my head my husband saying, are you going to put any of our wedding pictures up in the house??
A: Right after our initial post I made a trip to a local thrift shop and picked up a bunch of frames for under $13 and was so proud of myself for finally doing that since I’d been meaning to for awhile. I still need to do this a few more times to get everything I need and I just can’t afford to buy new everything. I give myself an A because the only blank wall I really finished was on in our bedroom that was not going to require much, but hey, Brent and I also hung up the curtains we got months ago in our bedroom too. We are getting there! Slowly….but we are!
2. Lose 5 pounds. Yay, for bringing back the weight loss goals!!
A+: I did IT!! Now to keep it off and maybe shed a few more of those lbs.
Joint Goals –
1. Get caught up! We’ve been working on this one pretty hard lately – can you tell??
We are soooooo close to caught up! So close so we give ourselves an A- here!
2. Today marks the third time we’ve redone a half marathon training plan for ourselves and this time we are going to actually DO the runs!
Well, you’ll see from our August goals partly we we give ourselves a…..let’s say C here. One of us might be doing something different and the other missed 2 runs. Oopsies!
Have an awesome weekend!