Just SO many things were happening to start off this month we wanted to fill you in on those first! And Beth’s wedding is now officially NEXT month, where has the time gone?!?
Yah, we don’t know either, so on to our August Report Card…
1. Get through the first month of my new job without having any major breakdowns. I have found out over the last 3 days that this is going to be crazy- in a good way crazy but there is so much to learn and a lot at stake for mistakes.
A: I would have given myself an A+ but I did come close to having one. Really I almost lost it on the computer system. It doesn’t exactly do what you want it to do!
2. Keep running at least 3 days outside. I don’t like the treadmill but it is about 100 even at 9 o’clock at night and the mornings range in the upper 80’s with the sun still down.
A+: I did it, but really do not let this deceive you some of them were a mile and half….
1. Yoga once a week. I’ve been trying to do this and haven’t but I think for my stress levels this month I REALLY need to add this one into my routine!
F: so, um, yah….I went once. 😦 It was really awesome though! Plus it made me realize I am only 31 classes away from 250 yoga classes! Must do better!
2. Mail ALL wedding invitations!
A-: They are mailed!!! I do still need to hand deliver invitations to my parental units and siblings plus I have a couple people who moved right as invitations were going out so I need to redo a couple and send them out hence the A-.
3. I’m going to be like Teal and say keep up with my running and get in 4 days of running each week!
B: I ended up running 12 out of the 31 days, so that averages out 3 times a week. Still pretty darn proud of myself and can definitely remember times I didn’t go on a run because I let wedding stuff take priority.
Our marathon training for the Louisiana Marathon will be here in no time and in preparation for training and making a plan we both are going to take the time this month to read Run Less Run Faster. Just want to explore options and get a plan that fits both of us!
F: Yah, Beth downloaded it to her kindle and didn’t read it…..Teal ordered it from Amazon in the middle of August and still has not received her copy. Major fail!
1. Make Bridesmaid dress fit!
2. Read my book club book before September 23rd without having to cram, but hopefully Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult will hold my interest (I am not a big fiction book person and the club turned down my 100 Year Lie suggestion).
3. Log food within 100 calories of goal.
4. Not cry on my 30th Birthday!
1. Run 20 miles a week.
2. Not kill anyone….haha, not trying to be morbid, but wedding planning is HARD!
As far as running hills once a week this past month I have been running bleachers once a week which I pretty much count if I do one of them a week I’m doing great! My books for this month were a couple of chicklit, mindless reads, Something Blue by Emily Giffin and Build a Man by Talli Roland) and then a memoir that was good! I recommend Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
1. Figure out and finalize our marathon training plan!
2. Run a good, strong race at Tour des Fleurs since we will be basing our training times off of this 10k!
So there you have it! This is what we are currently reaching for this month and hopefully we’ll have some good stuff to report to you throughout September as well as by the time October rolls around! 🙂