We’ll skip the whole OMG-let’s freak out-it’s August thing. Kinda anyway and dive right on in! Here’s how we measured up with our goals for the month of July –
1. Read Power of Habit, work on the stupid ”I am just going to stand here and eat random crap while I look for something to eat” problem.
C- : I am only about half way through this book but I think I get the point, he repeats a lot and gives very long winded examples. I have been so busy that my habit in and of itself has had a hard time existing because I have not been in the kitchen!
2. Get my office ready at my new job. My contract starts July 30th and I would like to be more than set before I start working. I can’t work if stuff is not organized and finished so this is a must. Right now it looks like a war zone and crap is all over the place.
1. Read This Is Why You’re Fat by Jackie Warner.
A+: LOVED IT!! Look for a post all about this book soon!
2. Keep up with My Fitness Pal and keep up with Daily Mile.
C+: I definitely could have done WAY better than I did, BUT it is a far better improvement from where I was all of June!
And here is what we plan to accomplish in the month of August –
My goals for August are basic because I know that this may be the busiest month I have had in a long long time, if ever. I just want to make it through work and stay running! So here you go!
1. Get through the first month of my new job without having any major breakdowns. I have found out over the last 3 days that this is going to be crazy- in a good way crazy but there is so much to learn and a lot at stake for mistakes.
2. Keep running at least 3 days outside. I don’t like the treadmill but it is about 100 even at 9 o’clock at night and the mornings range in the upper 80’s with the sun still down.
My goals are also pretty basic too as the month of August scares me! No free weekends whatsoever and SO MUCH to accomplish!
1. Yoga once a week. I’ve been trying to do this and haven’t but I think for my stress levels this month I REALLY need to add this one into my routine!
2. Mail ALL wedding invitations!
3. I’m going to be like Teal and say keep up with my running and get in 4 days of running each week!
Our marathon training for the Louisiana Marathon will be here in no time and in preparation for training and making a plan we both are going to take the time this month to read Run Less Run Faster. Just want to explore options and get a plan that fits both of us!
Here’s to getting it all accomplished this month!
What are your goals for the month of August?