I am sure you guys have seen these if you are on Pinterest at all, but I really hadn’t paid much attention to them until I got to start actually eating lunch with adults at school again! My friend from work came in with her salad in a mason jar and I wanted to try it! Here it is in steps! I am super excited about this, I used to bring my salads in a plastic bag but this seams way easier with the dressing and everything!
I bought 12 mason jars for less than 10 bucks- I am just using the extra as cups! Then follow these steps:
- Place your favorite dressing at the very bottom: I used Newman’s Own Organic Balsamic
- Place something that can be used as a barrier and you wouldn’t mind being soaked in the dressing- I used bell pepper
- Layer on what you want! These salads have mushrooms, red onions, cherry tomatoes, craisins, and ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- After you have placed in everything you want pile in as much lettuce as you can fit! I used an organic spring mix!
- Store and eat. Everything I have found says that they will keep for a week!
Nutrition info in case you were curious brought to you by myfitnesspal
58 carbs- if this is too high for you take out the craisins: they have 25 grams
6 grams of fat
7 grams of protein
**Advocare Note: If you make this recipe during your 10 day cleanse you’ll need to count quinoa as your one carb for the day AND for salad dressing you’ll need to use either oil & vinegar or lime juice**