1. In T- 6 days we are going to start a self inflicted challenge, BUT we would like for YOU to join us! In many parts of the country, our’s included, it might as well already be summer…but there is still time to get some toning of the bod in before summer is over. With that said we are doing a push up and plank challenge! The idea is to print out the blank calendar below and keep a record of how many push ups you do and how long you plank each day! It is as simple as that! You can do it however many days you want, BUT…yes there is a but – if you want to win the prize from our Tone It Up Challenge you are going to have to beat your competition! When June is over you will send us via email, a twitpic, etc. your filled in calendar and who ever planked and pushed up on the most amount of days will win!
You might be thinking, well, Teal & Beth, what if some of us tie???? Good question! We have an answer! We then take it to who did the most push ups and the longest amount of planks. For example, if Challenger A did 1,000 push ups and planked for a total of 45 minutes, whereas, Challenger B only did 800 pushups and 41 minutes of planks then challenger A is the WINNER!
So click the link below and print out the calendar…..and June 1st get to work on push ups and planks! Let’s Tone It Up!
Now you might be thinking, Teal. Beth. What do I WIN??? Another good question we only have a partial answer to that one! Oops?? We are thinking a gift card…a $50 gift card to the winner! We haven’t fully decided where this gift card will come from but we are thinking a running store, running company so you can reward yourself with some new stuff! So join us June 1st for the Tone It Up Challenge! You know you want to! 🙂
2. We joined Instagram, why not? All the cool kids are doing it. We have been on individually for a while and just decided yesterday that Life is a Run needs one too! Come find us!
3. Tour des Fleurs registration opened Thursday! We love this race for many reasons but perhaps the best is that it really was the kick off to our first ½ marathon training together. Beth ran before as you know, BUT we love it and are excited to run again. Come join us!! Oh, and an added bonus this year is your race registration gets you free into the Chihuly exhibit currently at the Dallas Arboretum! It looks cool!
4. We found out that the Dallas White Rock Marathon has officially changed its name to the Dallas Marathon! Check out this press release. We also then realized that this meant we ran the LAST official White Rock Marathon ever. Hey at least it went out with a bang… or crazy ridiculous cold rain. Check out the mary story if you are confused 😉 Plus registration for that opens June 1st too. You will see us out there for sure but just for the ½ this time because…
5. We decided to FINALLY register for our SECOND full marathon. We will be running the Louisiana Marathon January 20th in Baton Rouge!!
Welp, that’s all from us! Have a great Friday and please join us in our June challenge!