It’s that time! Here is how we did on our February goals…
1. Let’s try this damn weight/fat loss thing again – I’ll keep it at 4lbs. Wish me luck, perseverance, and calmness through the frustration. I know this will fix itself eventually! F-: not sure how it is calorically possible but I have gained weight this month- that is all I can say about that. What fun.
2. Paint my bedroom and hang the pictures – I have had the paint and the frames for our prints since the end of December and they have tortured me ever since. I am actually going to give myself a B on this even though I didn’t do it BECAUSE – my brother moved out and I managed to get all that mess cleaned, the second bedroom organized and cleaned out, his room cleaned out and ready to be painted, the garage is free of his stuff, the laundry room was cleaned out from the dogs, and my house is generally in awesome condition. No paint yet but hey, that’s why we have March right?
3. Read about and become more knowledgeable about Clean Eating, general good nutrition and Gluten. I have purchased Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis and Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. The goal is to read both this month. B: Read and finished Wheat Belly- I’ll give you a recap later in the month. Very interesting! I am only half way through Good Calories Bad Calories because it is VERY hard to read. I almost feel dumb reading it because I have to keep re-reading pages to understand what I just read- if had I known how hard it was I would have just read it a different month but it is very informative so I will finish. God help me!
4. Make the foam roller my best friend and roll at least once a day, and complete ALL given Physical Therapy for my foot which includes stretching/tennis ball rolling at breakfast, lunch, and before bed and ice 1-2 times per day. A: I completed all therapy given and I am feeling better, although the 13.1 on Sunday did hurt, I still iced immediately! I did not ice 1-2 times a day but only because I felt like the therapy was working and ice was not as needed as before! I foam roll constantly and am making progress!
5. Oh and on a “Non- Actual goal thing listed” I did Pass my Counselor Certification Test that I took the day of the Hot Chocolate Run that I had to miss!! So A+++ on that!
1. HILLS! Do them once a week – for real this time! D-: Haha, I did them twice! Y’all what is my deal? Maybe I should make this stop being a goal and just know that each month I’ll tell you what I did hill-wise?? What do you think?
2. Wedding Schtuff – Part A: Get outfits settled on (for both of us) & take engagement pictures! Part B: Finish two of my three registries! <—Just want those things done and over with! Ha, is that a bad way to phrase it? A-: well, going into this month I had most of my outfits already, but Brent did not. We spent two Saturdays shopping for him because in general he just needed some new clothes and shoes. He starts a new job next week which is part of the need but he just needed new pants and shirts to add to his work mix and we made it happen. We took engagement pictures!! My dad is a photographer as well as a freakin’ awesome lawyer and he spent almost 4 hours with us one Sunday taking our pictures all over Dallas. We also spent a few hours one Sunday starting and completing our registry at Crate & Barrel. That was the only registry we have complete, but I am still proud! Another wedding thing to check off is we have a Best Man! We had a planned dinner with Brent’s friend, his wife and their son and got our first person in Brent’s side of the wedding party! So I feel like I still deserve an A range grade because a lot of weekend days this month were taking up with wedding related items!
3. Lose 5 pounds! I’m taking engagement pictures this month, so a few pounds off and working towards a smaller weight for upcoming races needs to happen! F: Yah, I am at the exact same weight. Ha. In all honesty, I meant to go get a scale to be more conscious of this and to meet my goal, but uhhh, yah that never happened. Oopsie??
4. Clean the craft/guest/whatever room! My sister and I have a guest room at our house and we each kind of have half of it to ourselves and then a teeny tiny twin bed sits in the middle of it. Ha, we are both former, big-time scrapbookers so we have got crafts galore in there! This will be my next room I conquer! F: Nope, just did not have the time for this! 😦 If I’m going to get something on this scale done it has to be on the weekend and all the weekends this month were FAR too full to make this happen.
5. Both participate in #FabAbFeb Well, Teal finished the challenge even if some days she doubled up on days she still finished it! Beth on the other hand missed the last week of it.
And now it’s time for March’s goals…..dun dun dun!
1. Paint Bedroom and quest room for real this time. Spring break should make this possible!
2. Survive my 2 week break from running and cardio by not cheating. I am going to give my body a true rest. I think it is overworked and is partially to blame for the plateau of weight-loss, my injury and that it is not fully gone, and from being tired from having 2 jobs and grad school. The break will be hard because rest is really not part of my vocabulary but it’s a needed part of life. Must get better.
3. Yoga 12 times this month. This will be how I survive the “rest” from running/cardio. Low impact, restorative, and a good way to focus on flexibility.
4. Finish Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes
1. Run a sub 2:00 hour half marathon at Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas!
2. Lose 5 pounds. Seriously, y’all!! I need to get SERIOUS about take some pounds off for my wedding!
3. Get a caterer for the wedding. You thought this one went away didn’t you? Well, I was all on track, got one approved by my venue and haven’t heard back from him after our initial phone call about my homes and dreams of wedding food. I’ve chosen to take that as a sign and look elsewhere just need to setup tastings!
4. Attend 3 to 4 yoga classes a week. You’re probably like whaa?? You yoga all the time! Well, technically I don’t totally have yoga goals like I did for all of 2011 and I took 2 weeks off when I hit my 200 and let me tell you my body knew it! So I want to see how I do with 3-4 times a week for a month where this blog holds me accountable!
5. Update my handwriting/calligraphy website. It needs a MAJOR change starting with a new theme that allows for a real blog inside the website. Change is a coming!
It should also be noted that I haven’t given up on my hills every week, but I feel like that’s annoying to keep putting it as a goal and not mastering it. And another note would be at the beginning of the year I gave myself a goal of reading 24 books this year which this has really been a goal of mine for a couple years now. I got close one year with 20. This are two things I kind of want to keep up to date with in these posts but make them different from the things I try to achieve that vary each month. Does that make sense? Can you handle that? I’m going to be busy this month!
We will see you guys on the flip side of this month with how we did! 🙂 Wish us luck!