1. All the fun gear – shoes, jackets, socks you know….ALL of it! 🙂
2. FRUNNERS!!! [we stole this term from our Dallas area running friends] We have met so many people since we started blogging and our twitter account. We are SO thankful to them for the advice, support, encouragement, motivation and so much more!
(pictures courtesy of Mama C)
3. Bling Bling! Who doesn’t love being rewarded at the end of a race with shiny medal? And who doesn’t love being reminded of the things they’ve accomplished by looking back at a shiny medal?
4. Getting a break! Love being able to get out on the road and be free of the stresses and concerns of the day! It’s so liberating to free your mind of all of that!
5. Testing your limits and realizing you are a whole heck of a lot stronger than you even knew you were!
6. That we each have a an awesome running buddy! 🙂
7. Those mornings when you don’t want to get out of bed and run because you just don’t feel like, and then you go anyways and the run is freakin’ fantastic!
8. Feeling healthy on a daily basis because we are active and watch what we eat so that we can be better runs.
9. Travel to races! While we have only left the great state of Texas once so far for a race we LOVED having that opportunity to travel to California and experience new things there as well as a new course. At the end of this month our racing will take us to Florida, and we are looking into other states for our next marathon! There are plenty of races in cities that we might not experience or we might just experience in a new way because we came there to run!
10. Eating! There are so many calories and so many food items we would have to cut back on if we just flat out stopped running. We aren’t talking we run and then go eat the greasiest hamburger and largest order of fries ever, but there are a lot of foods we get to partake in because we are so active with running!
As a side note it was fun seeing our picture on the #runchat website this morning!
Did we leave out something that is key to your running? Let us know – we want to hear what you love about running!