1. Which of your race medals is your favorite? Why?
It’s hard to say a medal other than the New Year’s Double medal. I mean seriously, the weight of it! The way it’s put together and how we got it! It’s just awesome plus it does represent the first time ever doing back to back half marathons, BUT I will say that the White Rock Marathon medal comes in verry close to the NYD medal!
2. It’s a leap year! What are you going to do with your extra day on February 29th?
Probably just be thankful because it being a leap year enables Brent & I to get married on the day that he proposed to me – October 27th!
3. What food can you not live without?
I definitely go in stages of the food I LOVE! Goldfish for a long time have been the food I love but I rarely buy them because I’ll eat the whole bag. Ha, but for awhile now it’s been egg rolls. Ha I looooove egg rolls! I eat a lot of Lean Cuisine’s version of them to not be eating high calorie egg rolls.
4. What race is your dream race? Why?
I would say that my dream race is The Kauai Marathon! Absolutely love Hawaii and then Kauai is just beautiful! I’d love a chance to go back there and run! Plus the view on that course? Has to be amazing! Because of the time difference, travel time and money I’d need to save up for that race it seems like a dream!
5. What cartoon character are you most like? Why?
Uhhh, well cartoon character automatically makes me think about Disney and if I had to pick a Disney Princess I think I’m most like I’d say Belle and conveniently that’s who I am dressing up as for the Princess Half at the end of the month!
6. Does each pair of sock have a “left” sock and a “right” sock?
Uhh, they are socks. Ha, if I manage to have two that are the same or even have two at times it’s a miracle! 🙂
7. What is your favorite way to cross train?
SPIN!! I’ve been regularly going to spin class for about 5 years now! I own a pair of spin shoes because I love it so much! You know how runners (myself included) get a runner’s high? I also get a spinning high!
8. What is your favorite race shirt?
Ummm, I don’t totally have one. Just love races that give me long sleeve regular shirts! The design of the Dallas Turkey Trot shirts are always great!
9. Do you have a bucket list?
Nope! My friend Rebekah and I once had a list of things we wanted to do locally, domestically and internationally but I think I lost it. Bucket lists are great and I’m interested in what I’d come up with to put on it….
10. Do you have a certain song that you always put at the beginning of your playlists?
Not really, but I kind of get addicted to certain songs. For example – Sean Kingston’s Fire Burnin’ LOVE singing that song. Ha, I memorized all the words to it. 🙂
That body is a masterpiece the order is one in every hundred years but ain’t no doubt I’m takin’ it home, home
Little mama game about to change, She’ll be on covers all over the world 🙂
11. Do you think I am crazy for signing up for the Tough Mudder?
Yes, haha, but a good kind of crazy! Betsy you are awesome and will do GREAT! I feel like I’d hurt myself in that type of a race!
11 Random Things:
1. I am a fourth Swedish
2. I went to the same private school here in Dallas as Chace Crawford from Gossip Girl…know who I’m talking about? He was two grades below me and I remember seeing him when I was in 10th grade when I’d go over and take pictures of the middle schoolers for yearbook. Kind of gave you two things there – yes, I worked on the yearbook at my school. Also, if you’re a dude and don’t know who I am talking about – his sister married Tony Romo.
3. I hate talking on the phone. Ha. When I was little I was SOOO shy that my mom would make me call the pizza guy and anyone else like that so that I could get over my dislike for talking on the phone and especially to people I didn’t know.
4. As a little kid I just didn’t talk much and was reeeeeeally shy up until I was in high school. My poor youth pastor & his wife took me to lunch when I was 12 years old and I maaybe said 20 words the whole time. Haha, oh how times have changed!
5. It really isn’t represented enough in our blog, but I’m an Aggie! WHOOP!! =)
6. I’ve been to the ER twice in my life and both trips were within 48 hours of each other. *knocks on wood*
7. I LOVE movies! I have been going to the movie every week with one of my friends for a little over 3 years now.
8. With that last one said my all time favorite movie is Empire Records!
AJ: What’s with you today?
Lucas: What’s with today, today?
So many great quotes and songs in that movie!
9. The Laughing Toilet – that’s what my older bro, older sister and two older boy cousins started calling me for a brief period of time when I was little. Apparently at the time I was sick and if I started laughing I’d start coughing and it was a deep cough so you know that sounds like a laughing toilet? Toilets laugh? Older siblings & relatives can be so mean! 😉
10. As a child I LOVED Barbies! I played with them until I was like 10 years old….uh, all my friends had stopped at that point. But not all of my friends had cool Barbie clothes their Grandmom sewed for them like I did!
11. I got the chicken pox when I was 5 & 6…I say 5 & 6 because I had them on my birthday. 🙂 Neither one of my granddads had ever had the chicken pox so I remember sitting in the front entry way of our house with the door open waving at them and them standing by their cars telling me happy Birthday from there because they weren’t going to get any closer to me.
As an added bonus for the few Colorado peeps that read our blog and because 12 is my favorite number –
12. If I had to tell you one thing my family repeats about something I did as a kid it would be when we were on a family trip to Colorado and I said “Hey, dad, does Ouray have a telephone?”