Ok, so Betsy over at The EverydayWarrior tagged us in this 11 Random Things about yourself and answer 11 questions she came up with. We are going to be rebellious and only answer and then nothing past that…AND to keep you from reading forever we are breaking it up into two posts! Look for Beth’s post next week.
1. Which of your race medals is your favorite? Why?
New Year’s Double Medal because it is amazing. It is the largest medal I have, it’s in TEAL, and the race was the most fun I think you can have running back to back half marathons over New Year’s Eve and Day when most are drinking and partying, just a good way to end and start and a badass medal to go along.
2. It’s a leap year! What are you going to do with your extra day on February 29th?
I wish I could say sleep but that won’t happen and since it’s a Wednesday I’ll be working both of my jobs that day… BOOOO!
3. What food can you not live without?
Really I can live without anything… I love goldfish and french-fries but I usually avoid both. No real “addictions” or “must haves”
4. What race is your dream race? Why?
Haha um really it would be Boston but I would NEVER qualify. I really want to run and overseas race but I don’t know which one- Italy, Greece??
5. What cartoon character are you most like? Why?
I don’t know so I took a test and it said Jasmine, but I always wanted to be Ariel! Does that help??
6. Does each pair of sock have a “left” sock and a “right” sock?
NOPE! I hate socks and shoes for that matter, most of the time my socks don’t even match and I totally don’t care what foot they end up on.
7. What is your favorite way to cross train?
Spin but I am learning to swim and I think once I actually get the hang of it I will seriously enjoy it.
8. What is your favorite race shirt?
White Rock Marathon Finisher Shirt- not the best “looking” but my fav for the obvious reason!
9. Do you have a bucket list?
No but I really need to write one! I’ve actually thought about that for a while and kind of sealed the deal when the lady this weekend said she was crossing the finish line at 3M to fulfill a part of her bucket list at 62. I want one!
10. Do you have a certain song that you always put at the beginning of your playlists?
I have always, at least since the start of running long distance, have had “Right Now” by Van Halen- its on every playlist so I guess I’ll go with that!
11. Do you think I am crazy for signing up for the Tough Mudder?
Yep!! Certifiable in fact! I once ran the Mud Run which was the worst thing ever! I hated every minute and then was hosed off in the freezing cold by a fire hose, had mud in my ears and things for a week, and even got a blister that had mud in it. You have fun with that one crazy lady.
11 Random Things:
- I am 100% in love with Jimmy Fallon – he is my number 1 on my “celebrities I would marry list.” Hot and funny
- I don’t like watching movies
- I don’t like shoes or socks and only wear them because the world basically makes you
- I still have to use my hands to determine my right from my left- I always get it wrong. Something must be missing between my brain and my hands
- I can name all the members of the WuTang clan
- In the 3rd grade I memorized the Gettysburg Address- The entire freaking thing and was able to recite it to my class. I can still recite parts of it (mostly the 1st section)
- I am a rule follower – makes me very anxious to not follow the rules and many times this annoys me
- Pumping gas is one of my least favorite things to do and I typically test the limits of my car’s ability to run on empty all the time.
- I have never broken a single bone in my body and hope to keep it that way
- I’m learning to swim- right now I look like a dying fish but that’s ok!
- I’m actually very, very shy.
*Jimmy Fallon picture from Glamour