It’s that time to give you the good & bad of our January goals!
1. Attend a minimum of 10 yoga classes at Sunstone. This is big time for me! I only had 25 classes last year. I took a huge break! : A+ Crushed this! As of 1/31 I have attended 16 classes!
2. Complete one extra day of weight training on my own. I train with Will two days a week, but that is all the weight training I do. I am scared of that side of the gym when I am alone, so I am going to buck up and start a progression of doing weights on my own. Not that I am getting rid of Will, I just need to stop being a baby. C+: I only did my “extra” weight work out twice in 4.5 weeks but definitely feel more comfortable going to that side of the gym on my own.
3. Lose 4 pounds. I am stuck! I hate it and want to be unstuck! F: besides losing my cleanse weight to get me back to my “normal weight” I technically have only lost .5lbs according to the scale I use with my trainer- oh how I love being stuck…
4. Read a book for pleasure! Graduate school has killed any fun reading that I once did. I have chosen to read Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger’s by John Elder Robison. A-: Well, I finished literally today (or shall is say night) and the only reason I finished was because it was “due” today for the goal- I did however read another book in between this about food and wellness, so bonus points for that! And PS- I really did not like this book 😉
1. Complete 200 yoga classes. The very end of January 2011 was when I started yoga and my goal all along was to complete 200 in one year. I broke that goal into 50 classes every 3 months. As of this morning I have 29 more classes to go! A+: Might have had to do 3 classes in one day to obtain this goal, but I DID IT!!! 200 yoga classes in 1 year! The best part was I took my 200th class with my friend that got me started in yoga and went to that very first class with me, so she also got to go to my 200th class with me! Shout out to the awesome @HeadPantsNow!
2. Do a hill workout every week. If I blew off a day in my training schedule it was always hills, and I know I will benefit from doing them SO much. C: I only did two hill workouts…..
3. Organize my room! I love organization, but for the past year I feel like I’m running from one thing to the next. All the organizing I once did has gone out the window, and it really makes me sad that I now resemble a messy person. A+: There was one weekend in our 10 day cleanse and that Saturday to distract myself I CLEANED! Then it got messy again and I finally got the last bits organized. I took before and after pictures, but y’all I REALLY do like cleanliness so I’m totally embarrassed to show these….
4. Find a caterer for my wedding! This is the next big item I want to get crossed of my wedding to do list! B+: My goal was to either have it completed or be well on the way towards having a caterer. My venue has a preferred vendor list and the person I want to use is not on that list, so they had to get approval to be my caterer. My venue has approved the caterer, I’ve had a lengthy phone call with the caterer, reviewed menus of their’s and given what we want and don’t want. As of now I am waiting to get a potential menu or two then schedule a tasting!
We each have one last goal that we are both doing –
5. Complete a 10 day Advocare cleanse. A+: You all know that though because we did a recap a couple weeks ago!
We are both pretty proud of ourselves, obviously there are areas to work on and we will keep on working! With that said here is what’s on tap for February for us:
1. Let’s try this damn weight/fat loss thing again- I’ll keep it at 4lbs. Wish me luck, perseverance, and calmness through the frustration. I know this will fix itself eventually!
2. Paint my bedroom and hang the pictures – I have had the paint and the frames for our prints since the end of December and they have tortured me ever since.
3. Read about and become more knowledgeable about Clean Eating, general good nutrition and Gluten. I have purchased Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis and Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. The goal is to read both this month.
4. Make the foam roller my best friend and roll at least once a day, and complete ALL given Physical Therapy for my foot which includes stretching/tennis ball rolling at breakfast, lunch, and before bed and ice 1-2 times per day.
1. HILLS! Do them once a week – for real this time!
2. Wedding Schtuff – Part A: Get outfits settled on (for both of us) & take engagement pictures! Part B: Finish two of my three registries! <—Just want those things done and over with! Ha, is that a bad way to phrase it?
3. Lose 5 pounds! I’m taking engagement pictures this month, so a few pounds off and working towards a smaller weight for upcoming races needs to happen!
4. Clean the craft/guest/whatever room! My sister and I have a guest room at our house and we each kind of have half of it to ourselves and then a teeny tiny twin bed sits in the middle of it. Ha, we are both former, big-time scrapbookers so we have got crafts galore in there! This will be my next room I conquer!
We are once again doing a joint goal this month! We have decided to….
5. Both participate in #FabAbFeb:
Overall, Teal feels like if she took these grades home she’d be grounded. What do you think? And Beth is pretty happy with her grades but is ready to hit the mark in hills class. What do you think?