Last year [how is 2011 already last year??] we started out the year with a goal for the whole year and that really worked out for us! That worked out for us for 2011, but if we are going to push ourselves and we are going to grow even more then we need to shake things up for 2012. You might also see some minor changes to the look of the blog due to the new year and our new goals this month!
So to start 2012 we are going to try out monthly goals!
1. Attend a minimum of 10 yoga classes at Sunstone. This is big time for me! I only had 25 classes last year. I took a huge break!
2. Complete one extra day of weight training on my own. I train with Will two days a week, but that is all the weight training I do. I am scared of that side of the gym when I am alone, so I am going to buck up and start a progression of doing weights on my own. Not that I am getting rid of Will, I just need to stop being a baby.
3. Lose 4 pounds. I am stuck! I hate it and want to be unstuck!
4. Read a book for pleasure! Graduate school has killed any fun reading that I once did. I have chosen to read Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger’s by John Elder Robison.
1. Complete 200 yoga classes. The very end of January 2011 was when I started yoga and my goal all along was to complete 200 in one year. I broke that goal into 50 classes every 3 months. As of this morning I have 29 more classes to go!
2. Do a hill workout every week. If I blew off a day in my training schedule it was always hills, and I know I will benefit from doing them SO much.
3. Organize my room! I love organization, but for the past year I feel like I’m running from one thing to the next. All the organizing I once did has gone out the window, and it really makes me sad that I now resemble a messy person. 😦
4. Find a caterer for my wedding! This is the next big item I want to get crossed of my wedding to do list!
We each have one last goal that we are both doing –
5. Complete a 10 day Advocare cleanse.
Teal is actually an Advocare distributor. Checkout her website and/or order from her here. She has done their 10 day cleanse two times before and saw weight lose results each time. After all the eating over the holidays and as Teal mentioned before being stuck (not that Beth doesn’t feel the same way) we thought this would be the perfect way to jump start the new year. Do a cleanse and start afresh. As of Wednesday, January 4th we will start the cleanse and our last day will be Friday, January 13th. We will go ahead and update you sooner than the end of the month on our cleanse, but these are our goals! We’ll check back with you at the end of the month and go from there!