We get tons of questions about how exactly to do the Advocare 10 day Cleanse and typically it is just about the food choices one should or should not be making.
It seems to range from What the heck can I eat? to Can I actually eat anything? as well as timing and really anything else you can think of we’ve probably been asked it! :) Trust us we’ve been asked some crazy questions which we actually love! It has helped us learn a lot more and get that much more knowledgeable! In an effort to help YOU we wanted to share this information and perhaps make the cleanse easier.
Over the next week or so we will be breaking down each meal for you so that we can clear some things up for everyone and again, make it SO much easier!
Naturally, we thought we’d kick things off with breakfast – that makes sense right??
When you wake up:
- Take the Fiber Drink (days 1 – 3 and 8 – 10) and Probiotic Restore (days 4 – 10) – drink a large glass of water
- Optional: Drink a Spark for energy and take catalyst before eating
- Thirty minutes later (don’t freak out – you will not ruin it if you do eat in that range of time) eat breakfast.
Wake up, immediately take the fiber drink, wait 30 minutes (or just get ready for work), eat your first meal after the 30 minutes, wait approximately 2 hours and then eat your second meal of the day.
What to eat:
This can get a little confusing because the Cleanse says to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. The first two small meals I like to just refer to as “breakfast” and will often times swap the order out depending on how I feel so the options below would work for your first two meals of the day (Advocare refers to this as “breakfast” and “mid-morning snack”). These are in order of preference on the Cleanse for weight loss:
1. Bowl of fruit of your choice (about a cup to a cup and a half)
- the lower on the glycemic index the better! Think berries, cherries, apples, pears, grapefruit, apricots – these are all lower in sugar. If you go with melons, mangoes, papayas, pineapples – these are all higher in sugar. They won’t ruin your cleanse at all and they are obviously healthy, but if you think about it go less sugar for the 10 days.
2. Meal replacement shake.
- Advocare has a replacement shake, but if you have a favorite you already use then you can use that.
- Be creative! We do protein with a mixture of fruits and veggies with water. Sometimes we use a little bit of unsweetened almond milk, but this is not the *best* as some people stall with weight loss using milks so it’s not ideal.
- Spinach, celery and kale all lose their flavors when mixed with fruit! :)
3. Three eggs (cooked however you want, but try not to add to them with any oil or butter and do not be afraid of the yolk!)
- Omelet with veggies (spinach, peppers, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes – it’s all OK!)
- Make egg cups with veggies
4. Plain oatmeal (limit carbs like this to 1 time per day)
- Do NOT go to Starbucks or the drive through at McDonald’s because they have convinced you this is a healthy choice – it’s fully of sugar! We are talking PLAIN oatmeal with an emphasis on the PPPLLLAIN. This means made at home, you control the intake, plain oatmeal. If you must add things stick to fruit, stevia or cinnamon.
5. Nuts (2 ounces, we would also say stick with tree nuts, i.e., macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, chestnuts, beechnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts, gingko nuts and hickory nuts)
Do NOT over think this!
Eliminate all processed foods
Think protein before carbs
If it is not real food do not eat it
Drink TONS of fluids
Get a friend to join you!
It is only 10 days. You will NOT die and you can add things back later that you might have missed so do not think we took all dairy from you for life or bread for that matter! Neither are the best for you, but you can have some back later.