26.2 Reasons We Are Excited to Race the Louisiana Marathon
January 17, 2013 by lifeisarun
1. It will be our first time to run in Louisiana not just race but actually do even a run in this state!
2. ROAD TRIP!!
3. Look at this pretty bling we get to add to our collection:
4. This will be the 1st time either one of us has been to Baton Rouge! Unless there was sometime when we were little kids and do not remember………..
5. We will have two of the most handsome dudes out there cheering us on!
6. We can’t wait for the race swag! Whoever does the design work for their logos ROCKS!
7. We heard the Race Director has a brother-in-law who lives in Texas – who doesn’t love a good Texas connection?!
8. This is the Louisiana Marathon’s 2nd year and they have runners (as of 1/15/13) from 47 states and 12 countries participating.
9. There are designated Cheer Zones on the course that are actually stocked with snacks, refreshments AND cheering supplies! Talk about a great race for runners and spectators!
10. We get to run with each other until this mile, ok, really it is like until 10.5.
11. We hear it’s a fast course which who doesn’t like a fast course?!
12. The weather for race day is looking awwwwwesome! *knock on wood*
13. The course is suppose to be beautiful!
13.1. Teal will finish her 16th half marathon!!
14. People have constantly asked us WHY we are running THIS race, well, we think this best explains it: THE WHY
15. This race starts and finishes right by the State’s Capitol.
16. To steal the words from Brian, we are excited to “carbeaux leauxd” for this race! In fact let us point out one more time if you aren’t following Brian on twitter then you’re doing twitter wrong! Might we also point out, if you are in the market for a running coach you should get in touch with Brian! OK, enough about Brian….
17. Po’ boys!
18. ALL of the snacks we have planned for the car ride!
19. Not only are there cheer zones set up on this course, but a lot of great opportunities to see runners multiple times without having to cover a lot of ground!
20. We will actually run on the campus of LSU!
21. Race weekends in which Monday is a holiday are awwwesome! Though please note Teal was the only one who didn’t have to request this day off from work. Ha.
22. Our pre-race dinner at Mike Anderson’s…unless something happens between now and Saturday night to change that!
23. The two of us and our husbands all sharing one hotel room the night before the race!
24. Craft beer at the Finish Festival.
25. Gumbo, Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffee and more food selections at the Finish Festival.
26. We will end our trip to Louisiana with a celebration in New Orleans!
26.2. Beth will finish marathon no. 2!